Indonesia and Philippines Stamps

 Today's mail brings postcards with a Covid postage stamp attached from Indonesia and the Philippines. 

The card from Indonesia comes from Michelle along with Christmas wishes (it was mailed on December 7th). The card has a beautiful picture created by a local artist Michelle knows. She says the pandemic has made her realize what really matters. This is one stamp of a set of 3 and was issued on August 17, 2020:


The Filipino stamp comes from Jill. While we traded postcards, this trade was set up before I started my Covid-19 collection. She had read on my postcrossing profile that I am a nurse so decided to use this stamp! That really meant a lot to me. She assumed I was working the frontlines so sent thanks and hoped the stamp gave me pride in my work. It definitely warmed my heart!

The stamp is one of a set of 8 frontline heroes of the Filipino people. They were released on July 13, 2020 along with this video: 

Here is the hero nurse stamp:








Comments