This should be interesting!

 Hello all and welcome to my new blog where I will share world wide love and well wishes regarding the Covid-19 pandemic. I joined postcrossing in August 2020 which is a postcard site where people from all over the world can exchange postcards.  There are two ways to do exchanges. The first is to draw random addresses that you send a card to and others randomly draw yours and send you a card. That way can be quite slow when you are first beginning so choice two becomes popular with many. In choice two you post on the forum and can request or offer different cards in what is known as a direct swap. 

While waiting for my first cards to arrive I explored choice two and started doing some direct swaps. One offer that I saw was "Covid postcard from China".  Wondering what exactly that meant I clicked on it.  A girl from China was offering a Covid themed postcard with a matching stamp from China. Honestly, being a nurse in the US who has dealt with Covid patients I was not jumping for the opportunity to get a China Covid postcard. Who wants a reminder of that....right?

When I saw the actual card she was offering I changed my mind as it was a nurse hanging an IV medication and I thought it looked pretty cool. I only had one other postcard from China too so I figured why not. If I don't get any more than this one I can always just delete this blog right? 



Comments